March 19

Week 7

In week 7…

English-We started the planners to map out the structure for our free choice Narrative piece of writing. We are moving into the drafting stage this coming week. The students have come up with some great topics and I am looking forward to watching their great ideas develop into great stories.

Maths– We have started looking at our 2x and 5x multiplication facts. Please see attached below an explanation on Multiplication Facts from Ann Baker- Mathematician in Residence for SA. This is method I like to use as a guide when teaching multiplication facts.

Multiplication Facts

Enterprise Day– On Friday, we got into small groups to plan an Upcycled craft to make and sell for Enterprise Day. The ideas could change slightly this week, however below are the ideas so far and some of the resources that we need to start collecting. If families have any of these things at home that they wouldn’t mind donating, that would be greatly appreciated.

Craft title and Equipment needed

Monster Magnets– goggle eyes, bottle caps, magnets

CD Artwork- Old CD’s, toothpicks, old cloths, black acrylic paint

Bookmarks and Bracelets– straws, string, glitter

Peg creatures– Wooden pegs, google eyes

Easter Pom Poms– felt, google eyes, pom poms

Toy planes– popsticks, pom poms

Coasters– popsticks

Also if any volunteers could let me know some times that suit you to come in and help craft with the students, that’d be great. It doesn’t have to be just parent volunteers either, if their are any grandparents or other relatives they are more than welcome! I will plan our sessions to suit your availability, the more notice you give me the better. Thanks

At this stage I have an Enterprise Day session planned for this coming Thursday after lunch.

Passion Projects– If your child hasn’t brought their Passion Project booklet home to discuss with you yet, can you please remind them to do this. Any feedback you have on their choice of topic and possible ideas for sources will be greatly appreciated by the students. We are well underway with the projects now. Students are welcome to take their Project booklets home at any stage, as long as they have them at school on a Wednesday and Thursday please.

Parent/Teacher interviews– Thanks to the families who have already made a booking time online to see me in Wk 9. Just a reminder for those still to book, that the bookings close this Friday.

Posted March 19, 2017 by mrswright996 in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “Week 7