April 13

End of Term 1

Wow, where did that term go! We had a great last week..

Science- Thanks to Linda (Ben’s mum) for coming in to talk to our class this week about ‘Plants and their cells’. This was a great end to our unit on plants this term. She showed us a couple of experiments to demonstrate the process of Transpiration and we were able to look at a few parts of plants under a microscope.

Enterprise Day-Was a great success! The students worked hard in the weeks leading up to Enterprise day to plan and make their Upcycled crafts. Then on Wednesday morning they were busy making healthy wraps and managed shifts at 3 different stalls selling our products in the afternoon. The crafts were a hit and sold very quickly!! All the students should be very proud of their efforts.

Passion Projects– It has been great listening to the Passion Projects this week and seeing all the hard work and creativity that students have put into their projects. We have had some amazing visuals such as a programmed robot, models of the solar system & butterfly garden, canvas painting, videos and some fantastic posters. Unfortunately we were unable to present all the projects this term for various reasons, so there will still be a few students who need to present week 1 next term. I have already marked and returned some grades to the students and will mark all the rest of the projects (from this week) in the holidays.

Narratives- Well done to the students who completed their published copy of their Narratives this week. Students need to keep working on these during the holidays ready for week 1 next term if they haven’t completed them and have an extension.

Thank you– I’d like to thank all of the students in Room 12 for a fantastic first term. I have really enjoyed working with them all and will miss seeing their smiling faces everyday.

Thanks also to all of the parents for your support this term with the students learning and for the many lovely gifts that baby Wright has been given this week. We really appreciate it.

I hope everyone has a relaxing Easter break and fantastic school holidays. I wish all the students the very best for the rest of the year and look forward to bringing baby in to meet them all soon.

I will still be contactable via email and Class Dojo throughout the school holidays if anyone needs.

Thanks, Meg

Posted April 13, 2017 by mrswright996 in category Uncategorized