February 11

Week 2

We have survived a very hot second week of term!

Another busy week; establishing our class values, building the skills to work independently for our Literacy block, learning the ‘Secret Code’ in Maths, working on our Passion Projects with Simone in the library and beginning our Science and Geography units for the term.

We also had an exciting afternoon on Wednesday as we met our new Reception buddies in Room 02! We spent the afternoon in their classroom, joining in with some of the activities they enjoy whilst we got to know one another.

Thank you to the parents/volunteers who came in this week to help with reading! Next week, readers will be sent home. We love parent helpers for reading, everyday from 8:50-9:10am (except Thursdays as we have Art with Mr Pluck first thing).

Acquaintance Night

On Friday, students went home with a note displaying the times for Acquaintance night this coming Wednesday. Room 12 will be open from 6pm-6:50pm. The times have been structured so families can see classrooms and meet teachers from all age groups without clashing.

Rooms 11, 12 and 16 will be following a similar format for the evening. Students are invited to come with their families to show them around the classroom. On Monday, an information booklet will go home for you to read before Acquaintance night. If you have any questions about the booklet or anything that may not have been mentioned, please ask me on the night. 6:30-6:50pm is the time when most families will visit our room which gives me a chance to answer any common questions. I can also help anyone subscribe to our class blog or to the Class Dojo program while you are there.

I’m looking forward to seeing you there and the students having the opportunity to show you their learning so far.

Posted February 11, 2017 by mrswright996 in category Uncategorized